Happy 4th of July!
Woo hoo! Happy 4th of July! We can all say Independence Day is a great time to enjoy a long fun-filled weekend with friends & family full of burgers & hot dogs on the grill, beer, sunshine, music & of course lots of fireworks. Let freedom ring!
Let’s take a look at some of the best places to watch fireworks, buy fireworks & most importantly tips on how to stay safe this 4th.
Our Favorite Place to Watch Fireworks -
- Firework Show - Rec Complex, Wamego
- Rosebuds 2nd Annual Fireworks Show - 215 E 8th St, Junction City
Where to get Fireworks -
- The Fridge Fireworks - 1200 N Scenic Dr
- KSU Chi Alpha - 2310 Candlewood Dr
- Ka-Boomer's Ent, Inc - 3011 Anderson Ave
- The Fridge Fireworks - 1150 Westport Dr
- TNT Fireworks - 2700 Anderson Ave
- Garrett's Worldwide Enterprises LLC - 2304 Stagg Hill Rd
- Ka-Boomer's Ent, Inc - 2325 Tuttle Creek Blvd
- Celebration Fireworks - 2215 Tuttle Creek Blvd
- Garrett's Worldwide Enterprises LLC - 900 N 3rd St
- Celebration Fireworks - 114 McCall Rd
- Wholesale Fireworks Enterprises LLC - 101 Bluemont Ave
- Bellino Fireworks Kansas Inc - 130 Sarber Ln
- Wholesale Fireworks Enterprises LLC - 200 Sarber Ln
- Wholesale Fireworks Enterprises LLC - 605 S 3rd St
Fireworks Safety & Regulations per the City of Manhattan -
Discharge is allowed 8am to midnight July 1 through July 4.
Sales are allowed starting July 1 at noon through midnight July 4.
- Always ignite outdoors
- Have an adult supervise all fireworks activities
- Have a water supply nearby
- Light from a solid, flat & stable platform
- Light only one firework at a time
- Make sure fireworks debris is cooled off completely before disposing
- Never re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry place
- Use a long-handled lighter
**Bottle rockets & M80s are illegal in Kansas & extremely dangerous. The use of these banned fireworks is considered a crime under Kansas law. It is also illegal in Kansas to shoot fireworks on or under any vehicle, on any public roadway, within 50ft of a fireworks stand or where fireworks are stored & at gas stations or any place liquid gas - including propane - is stored.
Kansas Dirt Cake
- 1 package of Oreo cookies (16 ounce)
- 2 packages of instant vanilla pudding (3 1/2 ounce)
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 ounce)
- 1 cup of powered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 container Cool Whip, thawed (8 ounce)
Crush Oreo cookies in a blender or food processor.
Put half of the crushed cookies on the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
Mix together the pudding & milk.
Chill until set.
In a separate bowl, cream together the cream cheese, butter & powered sugar until smooth.
Fold in prepared pudding & Cool Whip.
Spread mixture over cookie crumbs.
Top with remaining cookie crumbs.
Chill in fridge before serving.